Well here we are about the middle of summer 2009 and the heat has been really humid and almost unbearable at times. I know this is typical east coast weather but for some reason I don't handle it as well as I used to. Sean and I took Caidyn and Rylan to a Tides baseball game last Sunday and although I felt like I was about to pass out at times, Sean fared well in the heat. Well he works in it everyday so he is used to it. At least we were able to find a nice spot to sit in the shade. We wound up sitting in front of an older couple who were very nice to talk with during the game. The man was a career catcher for baseball so he and Sean had a lot to talk about during the game. I went along figuring it would be fun to have some much needed family time. The lady sitting behind me was so sweet as we talked about all kinds of things. The major topic was the "strike out cancer" walk at the end of the game sponsored by Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Of course this topic is very bittersweet to me and at first I didn't think coming to the game was such a good idea. I was hoping to get my mind off of my Mom for a little while but all in all it was actually a good thing.
They had us fill out a sign with the person's name affected by cancer. There was also a paper you filled out and a banner to honor the cancer "victim". Later in the game, I filled one out for my best friend (Krissy)'s sister who died of cancer at age 26. After the game was over, Caidyn and I walked the bases with other people who have been affected by this horrible disease. The whole experience made me think about what a great cause to help find a cure for cancer. Although the chance of the cure being found in my lifetime is slim, I want to do what I can to help. I know that is what my mother would have wanted so this originally thought "dreadful" ordeal turned out to be possibly productive.
On Thursday, Sean and an AO1 he works with drove to Millington, TN to talk with their detailers about orders. Sean is up for sea duty in February and wanted to better his chances for decent orders. At this point it looks like he will be getting stationed on the USS Truman as ship's company. It's a good opportunity and to avoid violating any OPSEC, he may not have to go anywhere because of school. They will have to send him to school but it is here in Norfolk. We are keeping our prayers going it all works out. Either way, we are staying here in VA. I really didn't want to go anywhere else because I couldn't stand being too far away from my Dad. I mean I will go where they send us but if we have a choice, I'd rather stay close.
I recently returned home from an almost 2 week stay in GA at my in-laws dairy. The purpose of me driving about 700 miles south was to take our trio down to spend time with their Nana and Pawpaw this summer. I was originally going to stay about 3-4 days and then come back home with Rylan (our 2 year old) but it didn't happen that way. All 4 kids decided to turn up the tension a few notches and wouldn't listen at all! I really didn't feel comfortable leaving my home unattended for too long since we have had a lot of break-ins in the area (hence my urgency to come back home). Well I wound up staying nearly 2 weeks for various reasons. At first, I tried to just sit back and let my MIL take charge with our trio and see if she would be able to handle them. They immediately started their own agenda with not listening and back-talking. They would jump up and down on the beds no matter how many times we told them to stop. Kamryn wound up breaking the ceiling fan light by jumping from one bed to another. They were breaking things left and right and wouldn't listen to anything we said. I had to intervene many times and wasn't so sure any of them would be staying. My MIL would put her foot down and was putting them in time-out, not giving snacks - as to not reward bad behavior, etc. It was a challenge for both of us as all 4 of our children were acting up and not listening.
I wound up coming home with Caidyn and Rylan. Caidyn has been in this stubborn streak lately and was really giving everyone a fit in GA. My MIL didn't want to exclude her from staying but she really wasn't going to be able to deal with her behavior this time. Hopefully next summer will be better and Caidyn can spend some time down there too.
August 4th is approaching fast and that is the day our triplets turn 5 years old! We are having a big Birthday party for them on August 1st and although I can't wait, it's going to be a lot of work. My MIL and my Dad will be here along with some surprise guests I've been sworn to secrecy to (shhh).
I am overall happy with my life. I thank God for the blessing I have and pray that no matter what comes my way, God gives me the strength to get through it.
Sidenote: I am so excited about a show I've been hooked on called "Life After People". I watched it with my Dad last weekend and couldn't unglue myself from the TV. It comes on today at 5 pm on the History channel and I've checked like 4 times to make sure it is still set to record.
Ashton, Kamryn and Caidyn will be turning 5!
Make your own Countdown Clocks![]()
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment